Want to make a difference? Join our team of dedicated professionals providing support and treatment to at-risk children and youth facing mental health, child welfare and criminal justice issues. Through our Crisis Stabilization Unit (CSU), Staff Secure Residential Unit (SSR), hospital diversion program (New Vistas) and Jefferson Hills Academy, we use some of the most current practices, interventions and protocols to address the complex needs of vulnerable youth and their families.
-Entry Level Position
Facilities Technician Position Purpose:
Our maintenance technicians use a variety of tools and skills to ensure that our residential, educational and office facilities are safe and properly functioning at 3 Jefferson Hills location, two in Lakewood and one in Aurora. Responsibilities include:
- On a daily basis, checks, prioritizes and completes work orders for maintenance repairs using the proper supplies and equipment.
- Maintains accurate weekly records and reports for generator test, fire inspection, boiler inspection, water tests, kitchen inspection, etc.
- Completes monthly fire inspections; performs mandatory fire drills at all sites for all shifts.
- Inventories tools and supplies, informing manager of needs or requirements.
- Performs weekly walk-throughs insider and outside of facilities, noting any problems that need attention.
- Checks the maintenance/inspection due-time on hoods, generator, boiler, grease trap and sprinkler system as well as boiler room systems in order to keep those items safe.
- Ensures outside walkways are clear and safe including de-icing.
- Strips, waxes and buffs dining room floors on a regular schedule to maintain appearance and proper care.
- Must be willing and able to perform physical restraints with clients using required CPI techniques .
- This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with this job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
- Maintenance experience in a school, hospital or other institutional setting strongly preferred.
- Experience and knowledge using tools in a safe, proper manner.
- Must be at least 21 years of age and be able to pass stringent background investigation and pre-employment drug screening.
- Please send your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements with Facilities Technician noted in the subject line to JHillHR@jcmh.org.
- Jefferson Hills is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/V/D.
- Applicants must be 21 years or older.
NOTE: This position works in a licensed, residential child care facility. Drug screen and rigorous background check required for employment.
Jefferson Hills offers a comprehensive, affordable benefits program including health, dental and vision coverage, 403(b) with company match and long and short term disability plans. We seek to provide professional learning and development through ongoing training and a tuition reimbursement program. Jefferson Hills is an equal opportunity employer.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE