Want to make a difference? Join our team of dedicated professionals providing support and treatment to at-risk children and youth facing mental health, child welfare and criminal justice issues. Through our Crisis Stabilization Unit (CSU), Staff Secure Residential Unit (SSR), hospital diversion program (New Vistas) and Jefferson Hills Academy, we use some of the most current practices, interventions and protocols to address the complex needs of vulnerable youth and their families.
Clinical Manager Position Purpose:
The Clinical Manager provides leadership and direction for the Therapists and Case Managers within the clinical program at Jefferson Hills’s Lakewood location. Programs include Jefferson Hills Academy, New Vistas hospital diversion program and the Crisis Stabilization Unit (CSU). Responsibilities Include:
- Directly supervises, clinically and administratively, the Therapists and Case Managers and provides them with direction regarding daily expectations, education, and feedback. Ensures that all documentation is completed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Schedules, facilitates, and coordinates weekly clinical team meetings. Attends and participates in management and other relevant meetings
- Employs a managed care model in programming and in individualized treatment of residents.
- Monitors the clinical program to assist in ongoing development of programs and training/development of staff to meet the needs of the resident population.
- Provides for and maintains the safety and security of the residents and staff by implementing proper procedures in order to provide a structured and suitable environment.
- Attends Clinical Rounds/Staffing as part of a multi-disciplinary team approach. Collaborates with program staff in developing specialized milieu programs for residents to ensure consistent delivery of specialized programs.
- Ensures that the services provided and personnel providing those services are in compliance with relevant licensing and audit standards.
- Coordinates with the Admissions Department for anticipated and unanticipated admissions and discharges.
- Participates in the gathering of quality assurance data in order to develop performance improvement projects from accrued data. Ensures monthly PQI reports are completed in a timely manner.
- Attends management meetings in order to provide leadership and feedback on clinical issues and resident status.
- Represents Jefferson Hills in communications with referral sources, other professionals, organizations and programs and manages these contacts with diplomacy, respect, dignity and professionalism in order to maintain effective community relations.
- Provides clinical licensure supervision and oversight of interns and provisionally licensed clinical professionals.
- This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with this job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
- Master’s Degree, licensed required in a mental health field. Clinical licensure required, to include LPC, LCSW or LMFT.
- 5 years post masters experience in providing mental health services including 2 years supervisory experience.
- Managed care experience and budget awareness required.
- Demonstrated clinical skills with adolescents. Ability to work effectively in an interdisciplinary team and provide support and leadership to a clinical team. Ability to think conceptually and to deal decisively with practical matters.
- Ability and strength to physically perform CPI techniques.
- Please send your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements with Clinical Manager noted in the subject line to JHillHR@jcmh.org.
- Jefferson Hills is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/V/D.
- Applicants must be 21 years or older.
NOTE: This position works in a licensed, residential child care facility. Drug screen and rigorous background check required for employment.
Jefferson Hills offers a comprehensive, affordable benefits program including health, dental and vision coverage, 403(b) with company match and long and short term disability plans. We seek to provide professional learning and development through ongoing training and a tuition reimbursement program. Jefferson Hills is an equal opportunity employer.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE